MySQL Events to call a PHP script -- I need advice on the best way to call a PHP script using time-based MySQL events. The solution needs to be highly scalable to handle thousands of transactions per second.
A working prototype will also need to be delivered that does the following:
1) Simple HTML/PHP page that lets me create a MySQL Event that will occur at a specific time...for example:
Name: Event 1
Time: 5/12/2006 10:15:00am (server time)
2) When the event occurs at specified time, MySQL must call an **_external PHP script_** that inserts a row into another table, as follows:
RowX: Inserted by on at
Row1: Inserted by "Event 1" on 5/12/2006 at 10:15:00am
Row2: Inserted by "Event 2" on 5/12/2006 at 10:15:00am
Row3: Inserted by "Event 3" on 5/12/2006 at 10:15:01am
The most important issue is establishing the most efficient mechanism for a MySQL event to call an external PHP script.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) All scripts to create MySQL tables necessary to execute prototype.
Must use MySQL and run on my dedicated Linux webserver (LAMP).
Example code must work in both IE and FF.