Finding Genetic Engineering Professionals on Freelancer
Genetic engineering is the process of modifying organisms by manually inserting DNA to encourage a change in genetic matter. Genetic engineering can also be known as genetic modification and can be applied to any living organism whether it’s a plant, virus or an animal.
Genetic engineering is a positive development and has played significant contribution into medical research by providing the ability to mass-produce insulin, follistim (to treat infertility) and even hormones.
Genetic engineering encompasses a number of areas and has made some progressive changes in the following areas:
- Cloning – genetic engineering was first used in 1996 to produce an identical clone of a sheep. This has provided limitless possibilities for medical research.
- Plants that are resistant to pesticide – this was first applied to rapeseed which produces vegetable oil. Genetic engineering made these plants unaffected by pesticides encouraging growth of the plant and positive effect on the environment.
- Pollution-fighting plants – Scientists developed a poplar tree that absorbs contaminated water, clean it and release it back into the atmosphere.
- Faster growing trees – trees that grow faster can produce more wood which is stronger and higher quality. This meets demand in many industries as well as providing a positive impact on the environment.
While genetic engineering has previously been a controversial subject it provides many benefits to society including the following:
- Defeats disease – some of the most serious diseases are the result of genetic mutations. Human intervention has the ability to eradicate diseases such as cystic fibrosis and diabetes forever.
- Increase lifespan – not only will eradicating disease increase our lifespan, genetic engineering has the capacity to change our reaction to the environment helping us to live longer, healthier lives.
- Food production – genetic engineering can design foods that can react more positively to their environment. They can be engineered to provide a much higher content of medicinal value.
Stephen Hawking famously said that with genetic engineering “…we will be able to increase the complicity of our DNA, and improve the human race.” This signifies the weight of the importance on this area of science and how vital it is that where required, genetic engineering roles are filled within your organization to start making a positive impact on the future.
If you’re looking to engage with a genetic engineer for the purposes of research or development, Freelancer.com will provide you with a qualified expert who can deliver your project in a professional and timely manner. You can choose from someone who has a wide variety of skills, experience and qualifications dependant on the area of genetic engineering that you require specialization in.
Freelancer.com is an ideal avenue to connect the requirements of your project with a skilled professional so that you can provide research and make a positive change and directly impact changes to the human race.