Web Application Advice
- Status: Pending
- Prize: $50
- Entries Received: 3
- Winner: digitalrubel
We run a small to medium wholesale fruit and meat business in Australia which currently does around 200 orders per day. We currently have a Microsoft Access database that we use to control our pricing structures. This Database works well however we want to build in more functionality and are not quite sure in what direction to go. We need advice and recommendations on what technology to and web stack to use. We will then engage some programmers to work for us to complete the project.
In a brief summation what we want to do is:
• Have a central database in the cloud that users can look at any time and see what stock we have in the warehouse and review cost pricing and sell pricing
• Customers place an orders through an app or web interface phone, tablet or PC it should operate similar to [url removed, login to view]
• Employees from our company should be able to log in and review orders that customers place.
• Our warehouse staff pick and pack the customer order from data displayed on tablets. Warehouse staff will update all information and print labels to attach to orders
• Management will use the list of orders to specify delivery runs that delivery drivers will load onto their trucks. Drivers will use their phone/tablet to see what to load onto their trucks and then deliver to customers.
• Orders that customers place could be converted to invoices and emailed to customers
• Customers receive delivery and digitally sign on a tablet
• Have different user access levels
Although it seems quite straight forward we would require special functionality with the system.
What I want from you
• please list all technologies you would use to build the web app and why you are recommending them. No more than 1000 words