We have a discrete part of a web project we are looking for help on. This is an exciting and potentially game changing format connecting readers with writers and supporting editors.
What's the situation?
- We have a WordPress site largely designed.
- That includes the WP Bulletin Board plugin installed with a basic configuration.
- Most setup and content is in place.
How is it supposed to work?
- A writer joins the site, they can then log in and submit stories for reading by the membership.
- Editors are active on the site and serve as editing support for the submitted stories.
- Users sign-up as a reading member on the site as readers, purchasing a set number of tokens.
- When users read stories/pages they expend a certain amount of tokens.
- Tokens are distributed between the writers AND editors in a set formula.
- Writers and editors can "cash out" tokens at a set threshold.
- Automated tracking and distribution of the token system is critical.
Where do we need help?
- We have the design and board in place, but we need support to help the token and user system work.
- There are some plugins out there that do parts of this (WP BB, WooCommerce, Membership plugins).
- Ideally, this would avoid any from-scratch customization work.
- Work would be implemented and tested as a writer, editor and reader.
- Stability and security is paramount.
- Communication largely carried out via email. You should be comfortable with that.
- Proactive in updates and tests.
- All inquiries should include general thoughts on how to go about the work (your general approach).
- All proposals should include an estimated time commitment, availability and cost.
- Available budget is in the hundreds of dollars, not thousands.
- Inquiries of interest will be given view access of the current site to firm up any proposal details.