Background: This extension is based on "Tab Groups" from FireFox, and used to just be a feature of earlier versions of FireFox before it was removed. The concept is to allow grouping of tabs in to windowed sessions. Each window generally has a certain theme to it about the tab contents. This makes keeping sessions more productive and organized. Also allows pinned tabs to follow the user from window to window.
Project Scope: Update the extension with some new features and fix some bugs in the existing code. Pull the project from Git, update, then push back for review / approval / publish and release.
Existing Project: [login to view URL]
Some bugs are listed there. I will list the main issues I want addresses here.
How the extension is used:
Open Chrome. Create multiple tabs. Some tabs can be pinned or not.
When a tab is pulled off the Nav Bar it creates a new Chrome session window. Or when the Chrome icon is reclicked it creates a new session window.
All but the current active window is minimized. The Spaces button is used to select which window and its tabs are active, and minimizes the rest.
Pinned tabs should follow the user from active window to active window as they are switched by the user.
At the bottom of the Spaces menu is "Go to main" which is an options menu. This allows for naming of the windows and some basic options.
1. All names of the session windows aren't always saved when I close Chrome to when I reopen it.
2. I would like the Spaces naming option of the windows added within the first menu which displays the names.
3. When I restart Chrome most times the active window is not the size I left it. Not sure this a Chrome issue, code issue, or something with my Win7 PC. This issue should be investigated.
4. I would like a menu option to allow non-active windows to have all tabs closed. Then when I click a Space name from the menu to select a different window it will reopen that window and tabs, and move the pinned tabs to it, then close the previously active window and all tabs (except pinned ones). This will help with Chrome resource management by not have as many unused tabs open at once. It should also help with the speed of initially loading Chrome. However if this option is disabled then all windows will launch and all tabs load as what normally happens with Chrome.
5. Add a button on the main menu for "Add A Space" which just asks for a name and then opens a new window, switching any pinned tabs to it and opening a new tab.
6. Space names keep switching places in the menu. Allow names to be set in an order and prevent movement.
7. Auto backup of windows when closing Chrome, and back of tabs when closing session window. This mostly works and closed sessions are usually in gray in main menu.
8. Any bugs not outlines above will be billable at an hourly rate. Please let me know what your standard rate will be.
Hi there, I am Pavel applied to your job. Do you not want to work with me? I am waiting for you on message box. I seem you remove me from message box. Please explain about that. Thanks
5 freelancers are bidding on average $1064 for this job
Hi there, I have read the details I am experienced with Extensions & Additions, Google Chrome, HTML, PHP. I can help you with this job, Please come to chat so we can discuss this job.