I require a developer to create an online testing system with the following specification.
1. Admin will create ‘questions’ each question will have the following:
- Question title (optional)
- Question text
- Possible answers (answers will be labelled A, B, C… etc)
- Each possible answer contains text
Note, when creating a question instead of creating possible answers I also need the option to be able to set that the question has no possible answers and instead the user can write (free text) their own answer
- Where questions have possible answers, for each question we will need to be able to select the correct answer
- Time limit (in seconds)
2. Admin will create ‘tests’. Each test will have the following:
- Test title
- Test text
- Questions (selected from the questions created in part (1) above)
3. Admin will create candidates, each candidate will have the following:
- Email address
4. Having created a candidate, admin will have the ability to send a test to the candidate. This will be in the form of an email that is sent to the client (subject and description of the email will be determined when sending the test, by admin) and a link for the candidate to take the test.
The admin system will need to create a unique link for each user
5. In the admin system, once the candidate has taken the test and submitted their answers, the results of the test will need to be displayed to admin, so we will need a page ‘results’ with a table with the following columns
- Candidate Name
- Test Name
- Result (number of correct answers / number of total questions * 100) - for this calculation questions that do not have a fixed answer will not be included.
- View link
6. On clicking the ‘view’ link for a test result a page will load showing each question, each possible answer, the answer selected by the candidate, the amount of time granted to answer the question and the amount of time left that the candidate had left to provide the answer when they submitted the answer.
FRONT END WEBSITE
6. Candidate will receive a link to the to take a test as described in part (4) above.
7. On clicking a link candidate will be taken to a welcome page which describes the test (this text will be the same for all tests and all candidates) and provides the user with information about how long the test will take to complete the test (which will be dynamic based on the sum of the time length for each question in the test for the test being taken)
8. User will click a ‘start’ button to start taking the test and it will then commence showing each question one at a time.
9. On selecting (or typing) an answer for each question the user will need to click a confirm button to move to the next question. Once an answer for a question has been submitted, it will not be possible to go back and change the answer.
9. A timer will countdown for each question, if the user has not submitted an answer for the question when the timer gets to 0 then the system will move to the next question automatically and no answer will be submitted for that question (which will therefore mark the question as failed to answer)
10. After the final question the user will be shown a ‘thank you’ page (the text will be the same for all tests and all candidates).
PSD files will be provided for each page type on the front end website.
As part of the project you will be required to setup the system on my hosting company.
Please provide your bid and time estimate
61 freelancers are bidding on average $295 for this job
More then 7+ years of experience in Development . Also kindly check our profile we have done over 400 project here on freelancer so very much reliable & fit for your project . Kindly initiate chat.