"WARNING: This posting involves adult/pornographic material. If you are offended by such material then please STOP and DO NOT CONTINUE READING." The time has come for us to expand and improve our web presence. The Basics: We search for an experienced coder familiar with PHP, Perl, CGIs, and MySQL running on Apache. The coder will be exposed to gay adult colntent throughout the process, as this project is for a website containing gay-oriented, adult materials. Cleanliness and tidiness of code and files are very important. The programmer's code should be efficient, secure, and well-organized. Attention to speed and server overhead is essential, for this is a high-traffic site. Although the actual graphic design will be handled by us, in-house, the coder should have some basic knowledge of graphic design and human interfacing - and how it interacts with the code to be written. The coder or team of coders should have the means necessary to complete and test the product at or before the deadline. The project involves creating the backend for our site. We have carefully drawn up several flow-charts in great detail, showing how the site should idealistically operate on a page-by-page approach. We are open to occasional suggestions, deviations, or innovations to the original plan, if it means a more efficient end product and/or significantly less coding time.
Coder should have a good average score and at least 5 prior completed projects in good standing before placing a bid.
***Coder(s) should not bid on this project if coder's local laws prohibit exposure to "Adult" oriented materials. Coder(s) are responsible for knowing his or her local, state/cantonal, and/or national laws with regards to pornography. Coder(s) must be over age 18, or 21 in some US states.***
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows? (depending on the nature? of the deliverables):
a)? For web sites or? other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software? installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
As a friendly reminder, please no 3rd party, GPL or GNU code unless it is agreed upon beforehand.
It's not possible to accurately lay out every detail of the project in 8000 characters or less, but this will give a very good oversight into all major aspects of the project which need to be considered.
Functionality: Needs to have: a) A photo gallery viewing system with special scaling thumbnails. This system supports displaying quicktime movie files as well as photographs in the same fashion. *
b) An end-user "sort" mechanism. Allows users to sort photo sets by date, photographer, model name, and other criteria.
c) Photo Gallery system should support photos and videos which can sometimes be presented in 1, 2, or 3 "size" formats, such as "small, medium, large".
d) A .zip generation and deletion system for photo galleries which is controlled by the webmaster in the backend.
e) A "Slide Show" feature with end-user configurable options such as image size, delay time, random mode, sequential mode, etc. Needs some special limitations built-in as well.*
f) An e-mail opt-in form that users can sign up to receive periodic emails from us. And a simple system to manage those e-mail addresses in a list. - This may be best incorporated with our guestbook function to coordinate emailings.
g) "Random Member's photo for free" function that shows, at random, one photo from our secured "member's area" for free, and automatically changes every X hours.
h) Standardized HTML and CSS pages with PHP inserted where needed. i) Support for photo sessions that feature more than one model name in the session - this should affect the Sort function in a specific way.
j) Secured Member's Areas need to be able to continue functioning with Verotel's installed billing system.
k) An easy-to-administer backend so we can modify what's being published online. - Adding new sets, removing old sets, changing the names of the sets, adding model information, etc.*
l) A member-counter for the backend which reads, logs, and makes graphs of the number of members (by means of the htpasswd file's contents)*
m) "Forums" which are managed by the webmaster, and contents can only be viewed and submitted by "members". One "Forum" for each photo set is ideal.
n) Voting "polls" which are managed by the webmaster, and contents can only be viewed and submitted by "members", may also best be coordinated with our guestbook/emailing system.
o) An uncluttered menu system which always indicates a user's current location in the site and allows for clear and concise navigation of the site's features at most times.
p) Multiple language support, as we have generated texts in multiple languages for the site.
q) A secured front page which forces clients to check a box indicating acceptance of the TOS before entering further into the site.
r) a "TGP" affiliate gallery system - which is a scaled down version of the same Gallery Viewer system as used in the main site, but placed on it's own page, completely isolated from the navigation of the rest of the site.*
* means that we have drawn this in a graphical form in our flow-charts to help with the visualization of the feature.
Important things to note:
1) Images which are presented in more than one size are pre-processed by us before uploading to the server. Thumbnail images are also pre-processed by us and uploaded to the server. Server should not be used for reprocessing of images in any way, as we provide all of that manually for quality control and minimizing server overhead. However, server should have the ability to occasionally generate and delete .zip files of entire photo sets as controlled by the webmaster in the backend.
4) A database should NOT be used to store credentials of individual photographs. We have setup a logical system of directories to help organize the photos - and this is open to change as necessary. It is essential to minimize the number of SQL calls. Idealistically, SQL would only be used to store model text info, basic info about the sets, forum data, and Poll data, as these things do not get called nearly as often as photos and thumbnails do. Also for backend admin data. 5) Cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility is essential and should be tested.
6) Site should use the noArchive and noIndex tags in the header of all portions of the site, and copyright/disclaimer data in the footer of all pages - PHP or SSI suggested to accomplish this.
7) Elements of the site should be portable, because we will want to install the whole system for all of our 3 websites once code has tested and approved. We would kindly request that the coder assist with setting up the product on all 3 of our sites, once the code has been streamlined and perfected on the first site. As the layouts will be virtually identical, but only with changes to the graphic elements and the photo contents.
8) Our server already has a fairly standard interface for administering (creating, editing, deleting) SQL databases. This system can continue to be used if desired (preffered).
9) Our server is "shared" and we will not have ADMIN, SU, or SUDO access to run anything special.
10) Our server offers: PERL, SSI, PEAR, CRONtab, SFTP, SSH, PHP 4.X, MySQL 4.X, Dedicated CGI-BIN, DreamWeaver support, Access to raw logs, and some other jazz pre-installed.
11) Coder is free to suggest logic improvements that better streamline and simplify site navigation.
See our site at [url removed, login to view] and request a password from us to see a working example of our Gallery Viewer system in action. Coder will be rebuilding the backend of that system and adding the new features.
It is possible to use portions of our existing code for things like the guestbook and image viewer and just adjust to meet your needs.
Server is UNIX running Apache with PERL, SSI, PEAR, CRONtab, SFTP, SSH, PHP 4.X, MySQL 4.X, Dedicated CGI-BIN, DreamWeaver support and others. End product needs to be cross-platform and cross-browser compatible. Specifically, compatible with Win98, Win2K, WinXP running the respective latest versions Internet Explorer, FireFox, and Opera. Additionally, MacOS Classic 8.X through the latest version of MacOS X, running Netscape, Firefox, Mozilla, and Safari. Experience with and testing of Embedded and downloadable Quicktime video formats are required on both platforms.