This is basically a big extended find and replace job.
Want to take existing online tool store pages at [[url removed, login to view]] (5000 pages) and replace a header and a line of text on the footer with our own custom header. We have the header available included in a zip file, along with two of the store pages for examples
Scope of work.
#1 - find current header on all the pages in the store and replace it with our header. Code is exactly the same so it is a big find and replace. Can be accomplished with an editor or perl/cgi script or some other programming code.
#2 - find and replace a line of text at the bottom of each page with our company information. The line of text is exactly the same on each page so a program should work fine to do the mass update.
#3 - Each meta tag will need to be updated. Text from the content of the page should be pulled and used for the title, description and keywords. Or the current meta tag can be used, but the keywords must be mixed up so that they are not exactly like the tags on the current store pages that exist at [url removed, login to view]
#4 - an automated process will need to be put into place that brings updated pages from the store (graphic changes, price changes, ect) in and automatically updates them. This should be able to be done through FTP.
Will need someone that is used to making mass changes on HTML pages and implementing large gateway systems where large numbers of pages are put up with different meta tags through the use of programs, not manual coding.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Nov 16, 2006 3:15:45 PM:
I have provided a zip file with ftp access so you can see the entire set of pages that need to be updated.
You also should have another zip file with our header that needs to be put in and two example pages from the web store that will be integrated.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Sunday Nov 19, 2006 11:03:42 AM:
Thanks for all your bids. I appreciate your time.
windows or unix. I am in the process of moving the domain
[[url removed, login to view]] to put the online store on.