I have a dating website built from scratch, that has members, profiles, groups, ...
I would like to now add a forum to it to allow message posting as well as image posting. To do that, I'm looking at integrating phpBB to it.
Here are the changes in the phpBB that come to my mind already:
- remove the registration option and redirect it to the website registration
- remove the login box and re-use the login from the website. If user not logged in, he should be send to the website to login.
- remove the user profile page.
- when clicking on a user in the forum, take the viewer to the profile on the website
- Remove account deletion (users should delete their account from the website)
- Remove user control panel
- Change the layout/skin/graphics to match the website look and feel
- hide some of the buttons like FAQ, search, member list
- user as post avatar and user info the profile picture and info from website
Functions I will need so I can add those inside the website:
- registration, so when i create a user in the website I also create him in the forum
- switch to another forum group, so when a member buy a membership on the website he has also access to the premium area of the forum and vice versa when he looses his membership.
- update email, so when a user changes his email in his website profile, it updates also his email in the forum
- update password, changing the password in the website should change it in the forum too
- delete account, so when terminating account in website it gets deleted in forum too