We're an EdTech company looking to develop an open-source project to get more people interested in the International Space Station - we've started the project already but are looking for an extra pair of hands to keep the momentum going. We'll be developing some electronics that the Raspberry Pi will control based on realtime data being published by the ISS - people will be able to visualise what's happening on the ISS right from their desk using code that they wrote, so it should make all kinds of people feel more connected than ever to what's going on in space!
- PCB schematic and layout based on product specification provided - we usually use OrCad for PCB designs but we'd be willing to use something free for the reason that this will be an open-source project
- Choosing components and generating BOM list, we have an office in Shenzhen and can help with component sourcing
- Firmware development and register map definition to provide simple API for controlling the PCB functions via the Raspberry Pi
- Write Python code on the Raspberry Pi to show example usage and for testing purposes
- Electronics components: IMUs, RGB LED matrices, 8-segment displays, analogue light sensors, solar cells with power measurement
- Schematics, PCB layouts and firmware writing in C using mostly I2C for comms. We need someone who can make PCB designs that take advantage of all coloured layers to produce visually exciting designs (we'll provide the artwork)
The 20th anniversary of constant human presence in space is coming up on November 2nd so you must be able to work fast but also with precision as we don't have a lot of time - we are looking for a "full-stack" type of electronics engineer that ideally has experience working with Raspberry Pi HATs. You must be a competent firmware developer and have experience with ATTiny (we'll likely be using ATTiny88 because it's maker-friendly).
The scope of this project is to design and test the first prototype - if successful they'll be follow-on work to complete the design and get it ready for mass production
22 freelancers are bidding on average $24/hour for this job
Hello I'm an electronics engineer with 10+ years of experience including Arduino, ESP, STM, Raspberry and PCB design. Please tell me more about your project. Best regards, Dennis