Hello, I need a basic OAuth2/OpenID authentication plugin prototype for WordPress 5.2.3 (WP).
Users must be able to log in using an OAuth2 authentication provider & then be able to do what a regular WP user is capable of. It should access OpenID scopes ("user" and "repo" in case of [login to view URL])
I have the following requirements:
1. The plugin must be compatible with WP 5.2.3 (or the most recent version).
2. You need to follow the documented best practices for creating the plugin: [login to view URL]
3. Unless stated otherwise in the WordPress docs, the plugin code must adhere to the accepted PSR standards: [login to view URL], especially in regard to code formatting, logging, autoloading, etc.
4. You must use [login to view URL] vendor package for implementing the [login to view URL] not develop a custom OAuth2 flow implementation.
5. Please restrict the OAuth2 provider compatibility to [login to view URL] & its web application flow: [login to view URL]
6. All rights (copyright, usage rights, etc.) regarding the plugin are passed over from you to me. You get paid for the time you take for developing the plugin prototype.
7. I will need an invoice from you that carries the following information:
- Name & address of the contractor,
- date of fulfillment,
- relevant tax IDs of any kind (for example VAT ID) IF EXISTING,
- the actual service provided (that would be "Develop an OAuth2 plugin prototype for WordPress"),
- the amount of hours charged & the hourly rate,
- the complete amount charged WITHOUT tax,
- taxes charged (even if 0),
- the complete amount charged WITH tax,
- the currency in which the values are given.
9. When submitting offers for this assignment, please provide relevant reference projects & please provide your normal working hours (and time zone).
10. This assignment should be completed within 3 weeks after the contract has been awarded.
11. Nothing can be hard-coded in WordPress course. It is not allowed to change any WordPress file (except config files).
12. After uninstallation of the plugin, WordPress must operate normally (especially regular logins).
13. The plugin must not communicate with any cloud services & must not include any files loaded dynamically from cloud services. The only contact with the "outside world" from WordPress's point of view are the redirects to & from [login to view URL] & the interactions with the users & admin.
The assignment is complete when I can do the following after installing & activating the plugin:
1. The configuration is done solely via wp-config.php.
2. A yet unregistered user requests the WordPress login form & opts to log in via [login to view URL] by clicking "Log in via Github". The user gets directed to [login to view URL] & completes the authentication process & then the app authorization process (only the first time).
3. After [login to view URL] has redirected the user back to WordPress, the user is logged in & is able to do everything a normal WordPress user can do.
3a. Optionally configurable via [login to view URL]: Make the user authenticate himself with the OAuth provider even when he did not request the login form.
4. The user logs out & requests the WordPress login form again & opts to log in via Github.com.
5. The user gets redirected to [login to view URL] & completes the authentication (but not the app authorization because that's been done already).
6. The admin can see that new user in the user list.
7. The plugin code is easily comprehensible, all methods have a docblock that explains what the method does.
8. The plugin code is written in PHP & utilizes the full range of PHP 7.2 features where applicable (especially type declarations for method parameters & return values). It must be PHP 7.2 compatible.
Looking forward to reading your bids!
19 freelancers are bidding on average €593 for this job
Hi there, please leave a message on my chat so we can discuss the budget and deadline of the project. I have read your project description and i'm confident i can do this project for you perfectly. Thanks . .
Hello I have ever implemented github/google authentication. Though I haven't done it on wordpress, I am very interested in your job and I can do it. I want to discuss your project via chat Thank you