This is a paid trial project for a senior-level MERN developer to join our team at jomi.com. We are a surgical video journal that films and publishes masterclasses in surgery. We are looking to develop a new quizzing module to be integrated into our site and, potentially, to become its own monetized project.
The trial project is a simple MVP for a quiz system. You will use our authentication code (so no need to write authentication). You will write a web-app that will satisfy the following use cases:
1. Instructor User goes to /quiz and creates a quiz (a collection of questions).
Question consists of:
- a question
- an answer: a) multiple choice, b) single answer, c) true/false
- indication of what the correct answer is (for automatic grading)
Upon creating the quiz, a link is provided to students.
2. A student loads the quiz via link. If they are not logged in, they log in and proceed to take the quiz.
3. Instructor logs in to see which students took the quiz, along with how many answers are correct.
This should be implemented using MERN. You can use any front-end framework (Bootstrap, Material, etc.). The web-app should be usable immediately as an MVP. It should work on any device (responsive) and should be implemented with comments in a manner that is easy to maintain.
To stress: I am looking for a quick barebones MVP implementation that could be used for initial user testing and for us to understand how you approach coding. If you know what you are doing, it should take you no more than a few days (at most).
Before you send proposal, enter answer following question.
What would be a MongoDB query that would be equivalent to: "SELECT * from TABLE WHERE Field1 = NULL and Field2 like '%yawn%'"