This project is only to build the user interface to Apple App Store standards and code the iOS specific interactions. I will be coding the network "upload/download functions" afterwards.
**** I would prefer that the Kivy framework is used ****
This small app will download roster data from two company webservers and upload the data to another server.
In particular, I need the iOS app to wake up at regular intervals to check for available data. (Using Local Notifcations?) The app must wakeup when not in the foreground.
The app will contain a function that I can call to set the next wakeup. The next wakeup time varies from 30 minutes up to 24 hours. In any case, the app will wake up at least every 24 hours.
The app may also need to use Apple Push Notifications to wakeup the app.
I will code the upload/download functions. The app function description below is ONLY so that you understand how the app will be used in order to design the user interaction screens.
The user supplies login credentials (username, password, 4 digit PIN) to the company webserver. The app then downloads a HTML file from each company webserver.
The user also supplies the login credentials (username, password) to data server. The app uploads the HTML files to the data server.
The download/upload schedule is set by the data server. The data server will inform the app of the next required download when data is uploaded.
The completed project will contain at a minimum:
* Runnable app using the Kivy framework
* The app will display and function correctly on the iPad and iPhone
* The app will be compatible with **** iOS 8.4.1 or later ****
* The app will wake up on a specified schedule. There will be a function that can be called to set the next wake up.
* The "upload/download function" will be a stub that logs it was called
* User login credentials will be stored and supplied to the upload/download function
* There will be functionality for the user to change their login credentials
* The user will have functionality in the app to disable the app
* The app will display a status string. There will be a function that my upload/download code can call to set the status string.
* The app will display a date showing the ASDFGH 1 and 2 last login times. There will be a function that my upload/download code can call to set the last login times.
Attached is a possibly layout for the app. This is just a starting point.