We have an Android application, available in Google Play that is compatible with Android versions 4.x but it is not compatible with version 5. The developer who initially developed the application for us is no longer able to assist us in further developments.
The application is a VPN client application that allows you to:
- Log in with a username and password (works on Android 5)
- Select a server (works on Android 5)
- And Connect to it (does not work on Android 5)
The connection part is based on the ics-openvpn and does not work on Android 5.
We are looking for a developer or team of developers who is familiar with running Open Vpn on Android in order to help us update the application.
What we will provide:
- The original source of the application (developed using Eclipse), that works on Android versions 4.x
- Optional: a modified version of the source of the application that was modified by us. This version does OS detection and loads the PIE or NOPIE versions of OpenVpn and handles the PERSIST_TUN_ACTION command. This version runs from Eclipse but does not work after the package is signed.
What we require:
- To update the source code that we will provide in order to make it compatible with Android versions 4.x and Android versions 5. We should be able to login, select a server and successfully connect on it
- To provide us an unsigned package, that we will sign and test on Android versions 4.x and Android versions 5.
After we successfully complete our tests you have to provide us the source code and the project can be considered completed.
Please note that this application runs on devices that are not rooted.
22 freelancers are bidding on average $649 for this job
Hello, I am senior android developer from China and recently did some research on android 5.0, so I would like to try. Ping me at whatsapp: +8613277094236 or skype jqhu2015
Hello, I am ready to take this project. Here is my another profile [url removed, login to view]~01a47551fa59738291/ 5 star rating with more then 6 years of experience in mobile development.