I need a modification done to the attached indicator which tracks ZigZag formations.
The indicator will show a new ZZ line when a new high or low over the last 12 candles is made. If a new high or low is made after 12 candles in the direction of the ZZ it will extend. Little Green / Purple dots show where it has extended. See here: [url removed, login to view]
I want the indicator modified to show on the chart data from the current ZZ line and the previous ZZ line. The data required will be shown in a table like format as follows on a customisable area of the screen. Font size/colour needs to be variable. [url removed, login to view]
For clarification the Data in the table means
1. Time Start (24hr time based on MT4 time) - Time ZZ Started, the lowest low or highest high time
2. Time Finish - Time ZZ completed - as above
3. Total Time: Time between the above two points. Eg. If start at 0700 and finished at 0740, it will show 00:40
4. ZZ Direction (Up or Down)
5. Total Candles - Total candles in the ZZ move, from highest high to lowest low and vice versa.
6. Total Pips: Total pips from highest high to lowest low including candle wicks
7. Candles after ZZ: This means the number of candles that occurred AFTER the initial ZZ line was show (First green or purple dot) until the end of the ZZ move
8. Pips after ZZ - Total number of pips from the first green/purple to the end of the move
9. No of Extensions - How many times the ZZ extended before it completed.
In addition, I want more extensive data from each completed ZZ line to be written into a text log file in the following format. The data required to be logged is
These fields should be self explanatory given my previous description, if not please ask for clarification. They need to be written into a text file each line is a new completed zigzag, each field needs to be separated with a comma , EG
It should be a very simple task for an experienced Metatrader Programmer.
Budget is less than $100. Seems to be fairly simple mods that shouldn't take more than an hour or two.
Hi. Thanks for invitation. I will have questions for sure, but they will be small and easy to answer :) It's not a 2 hours job, if do it right, but it's not hard, true.