Seeking University or Recent Graduate for Entrepreneurial Internship (Part Time - Kowloon, Hong Kong)
MUST BE LOCATED WITHIN HONG KONG
He or she will be assisting Stephen Peters [login to view URL] an entrepreneur with over a decade of experience launching several companies and brands for his company Emperor Promos, Inc. and Emperor Marketing Limited. Based in Hong Kong, the intern’s main role will be to support Stephen with day to day tasks such as scheduling meetings, updating projects, updating order system, speaking with suppliers, freight forwarders, and more! This will be a guided internship with a lot of feedback and patience for the right candidate. You will learn many new things from Stephen who has been wearing many hats from creating brands for sale on Amazon for the Cannabis & Photography industry, selling over $24M USD worth of promotional products, and getting one of his products into Fortress as a foreign company. You can view some of the projects he's worked on by visiting in the Linkedin account above.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Emperor. In this role you will:
• Drive necessary primary and secondary research to support product definition and development.
• Test Industrial Design with Consumer and provide recommendations to the Product Manager
• Be involved in collaborate closely with engineering, portfolio and design teams to reach optimal tradeoff between the vision of the product experience, time to market and product cost.
• Review prototypes to improve the product experience
• Maintain intelligence on competition products performance
• Scout for new technologies
• Participate to front-end innovation projects to identify new and valuable opportunities and develop meaningful and relevant product innovations.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• High School Diploma or Higher Education
• Great analytical skills
• Excellent creative and problem solving skills
• Active learner with a desire to understand the forces at play for any challenge
• Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment and to effectively collaborate in cross functional teams
• Ability to quickly grasp technology constraints and capabilities
• Strong interest in consumer electronics and technology business, industry / industry issues and competitors.
• Excellent communication (oral & written) skills – English, Cantonese, & Mandarin required
• Familiar with design in general and with the software
• Best candidate will be curious, insightful, and creative, with a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
Small Company. Big Products.
At Emperor we act like a small company (because we are). Our turnover averages $3M USD per year, but we're vamping up two projects at the moment that will double or triple our revenue. We believe that anyone can have the best idea. We are innovators, creators and designers. We challenge ourselves and each other, and believe that success is never final. We push the limit, because great is not good enough.