I am looking for a freelancer with experience in Linux server administration (Ubuntu 18.04) who can advise me on the feasibility and effort as well as the system requirements for the following system. This project is first only a consultation that should provide me with all necessary information to do this setup myself. That should be done via Skype / Webex and I think it will take about an hour.
For seminars, I would like to provide to the participants in their browser with R and RStudio, Python (Anaconda) and Jupyter notebooks, MySQL database and Apache Superset. In Python and R e.g. TensorFlow and Keras have to be installed. I did some research on how to do it:
Option 1 would be:
- A complete Ubuntu system with Apache Guacamole for VNC, so that the system can be accessed via the browser.
- In the system installation of R, RStudio, Python, Jupyter, MySQL, Apache Superset
Option 2 would be:
- The Littlest JupyterHub ([login to view URL]) with Python, R and R Studio
- MySQL with external access
- Apache Superset as a server application
Dash by Plotly ([login to view URL]) should also be installed in order to make dashboards available online.
Optionally, Jitsi may then also be set up ([login to view URL]), but that is
In the training there are initially only 3-4 participants and you should start with a virtual server that is as cheap as possible, e.g. the VPS Entry V5 from Strato ([login to view URL]). If the number of participants grows and the performance is not sufficient, then it would have to be switched to a larger server.
1) Which of the two options is better? Or is a completely different approach even better?
2) How much time does it take to implement these installations?
3) How much time must be planned for maintenance? What is necessary there? How can I set up automatic updates?
4) Give me a technical introduction (I know Linux to a certain extent, but have not yet had anything to do with server administration): how do I do this? How do I set up e.g. that the Apache Superset Server service always runs on Ubuntu 18.04?
5) What are the minimum system requirements? It doesn't have to be top performance from the start, the whole thing should be tested first. Is this possible with the VPS Entry V5 [login to view URL])? Is there a better provider?
6) What else do I need to know to professionally manage such a server. Is there in Ubuntu e.g. Recovery points? Does it make sense to work with Docker Images?
7) What else do I have to consider?
Please state if you can issue an invoice.