To whom it may concern:
First, please DO NOT bid on this project unless you (a) read the full description, (b) read the attachment - it has more details, (c) willing to effectively communicate, and (d) stand by your bid. I will not play bid games - it is not fair if I did it to you, nor is it fair you do that to me. I will not waste your time, so please do not waste mine.
Second, for a quick level-setting expectation -- this is what I am looking for:
So, to summarize, what I am looking for is:
1) Clone existing GitHub Laravel repo, with existing template
2) Remove extraneous pages/components
3) Update to support REACT
4) Integrate MQTT w/event integration (using repo noted or similar – or Redis if bridged)
5) Add Dragula
6) Create 3 pages, with drag/drop using Dragula
7) Modify noted widgets to support Dragula and event updates
8) Create noted widgets to support Dragula and event updates
9) Integrate any test cases you used
10) Commit changes as go
11) All changes must be in editable/readable source and clearly documented and have no copyright limitations. Specifically, it is understood that any changes/code written will belong to - and potentially be copyrighted - by this project.
12) Create a turn-over document with a full explanation of changes/how to update/how to run
Third, for those that responded to my first request, thank you for the feedback and suggestions. Some of those comments offered a perspective I had not considered and required me to go back to the drawing board and consider the alternatives. That said, while I am now considering a different toolset, my fundamental goal has not changed.
1. PHP based frontend
2. MQTT backend
3. Database (PostgreSQL)
4. Redis (For cache and session, but open to consider MQTT to Redis bridge to simplify)
The core change from the initial proposal is the consideration of Laravel over Slim. While I still feel more comfortable with a more streamlined product, the pre-integration within Laravel has led me to contemplate this direction. Thus, after some work to familiarize myself with the differences, I concur and set the frontend specifics to:
1. Laravel 6.x
2. PHP 7.4
In the process of evaluating and validating the approach, I have selected a pre-created theme. I hope will help further guide the expectations. In general, my needs are:
1. Use of prebuilt Laravel template – I will provide r/w access to a GitHub repo.
2. As noted above, it is Laravel 6.x and a pre-defined template.
3. The intent is providing a foundation a /near-time dashboard.
4. Input will be from MQTT, backed by a Database – for testing, it will be empty, and test data would need to be created. You can use any MQTT Broker and DB, and I will adjust as needed.
6. One such js addition would be Dragula2, which I believe will require both [login to view URL] and [login to view URL]
7. Any design must reflect a multi-user/tenancy format – data isolation required.
8. I am not averse to using Pusher, if necessary, but I need a well-justified (and pre-agreed upon) approach. My preference leans toward direct integration of MQTT into the events system via something like [login to view URL]
9. However, approached in #9, it must be done that Pusher and/or other integrations would be possible to add down the road.
10. Each change/modification must be well documented in commits, within the code, and within an overall change document.
11. Complete details (if required) on install and setup must be included in a hand-over document as well.
12. Test cases are not mandatory but preferred.
Please see attached document for more details.