Hi, I am building a database manager for my MongoDB-based database collection and before I go too far down this path, I am looking for somebody to create a node.js+express-based backend web service to support a front end jqGrid/PHP based client view that will paginate data so that I can evaluate this approach.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with:
- Node.js+Express or similar environments
Candidate will need to be familiar with jqGrid interoperability enough to create a sample client that supports a dynamic number of displayed rows (5 or 10) and sample data set which provides 3 or more pages (30+) at the maximum row count view.
The accepted answer to this question posted at stack overflow, provides a very good background, discusses the parameters, and shows the results schema for jqGrid. [url removed, login to view]
Also, here is a link to the jqGrid wiki: [url removed, login to view]
This job will have a single MongoDB collection called "persons" with the following elements:
_id <guid> (automatically created by MongoDB)
The final delivery should provide a stand-alone Node.js+express RESTful web-service application which is:
1. Capable of interacting with MongoDB, via the MongoDB driver or helper library.
2. Capable of leveraging the MongoDB driver/helper via complex queries so that the proper subset of requested data (requested page) is provided back to jqGrid. Requests may include a search filter, the current page, number of rows, sort index and/or sort order.
3. Supports handling data from the MongoDB collection schema provided above in a response format that is acceptable to jqGrid.
4. Supports jqGrid pagination functionality.
Here are current versions of software for my environment:
Linux MINT Mate Rosa 17.3
MongoDB version [url removed, login to view]
npm version 2.15
node version [url removed, login to view]
All of my software versions listed above, should be latest stable versions +/- a month as I just re-imaged server and installed them in mid-April and believe I retrieved latest stable versions of each where able.
I am aware of additional products such as mongoose or mongoose-paginate, which may have significant benefits towards this type of functionality and am open to suggestions.
I may not have access to my email while I am at work but will check my email every morning and evening. I am also available in the evenings (UTC-4) for discussions.