This is a long-term job. We have been working with freelancers to find new companies for our solar directory - and have some great freelancers producing strong results.
I would like to find a few people who are good at finding new companies for us, and pay $0.75 per collected company. All you need to do is collect the company's Name and Website Address - and make sure we didn't collect it already.
My suggestion to easily check: In Google,
site:[login to view URL] "[login to view URL]"
There is also a company search function on our homepage where you can type their name (Google has missed indexing some of our more newly added companies).
For this test job we suggest collecting solar installers. It is the easiest type to collect. You can collect other solar company types but they have to match the categories on our website (and easier to make mistakes with the other categories).
If submitting installers, you need to check the website to make sure the company is really a solar installer - eg. they put solar panels up onto homeowner's roofs or do larger scale installation of solar power plants.
In many directories you will find we have gone through them already. But the installers can be from any country in the world, and their websites can be in any language. Generally you will need to search very local areas and try keywords in that language as the most common big lists out there will have been covered already.
Valid company = Not on ENF website already ([login to view URL]). Belongs to our categories.
Solar installer = solar panels that make electricity. We don't want solar thermal (hot water) focused companies (if they do both that's fine, just need to make sure they cover normal solar panels).
To apply for this job, please submit a test sample of 15 companies in Excel. If at least 12 of the 15 companies are valid new companies we will pay for them. If less than 12 are correct then we won't pay since I only want to engage freelancers where I can give 5* feedback.
This is not a race, what matters most is quality. After you have found the first 3 companies then send me a message so that if I close the job from enough applicants coming in then you can still submit your test in chat.
However - please don't submit a rush job as your application - it is a waste of both our time. It is no good telling me you will pay proper attention when you are hired - I will not hire anyone with less than 12/15 correct.
- To apply to work with us, submit sample of 15 solar companies in Excel that are missing from our website.
- You need to submit the Excel as your cover letter, or in chat. I am not hiring you first. Please check our profile and you can see we are a high reputation company that has paid a lot of money on Upwork, we don't mess freelancers around.
- Make sure you are not submitting "solar thermal" companies. This is the most common mistake made by people doing this test. If you don't understand the difference between solar thermal and solar PV then don't bother with this test.
- If you submit a list I will submit the results back to you once my research team has checked your entries.
- If you have good enough quality then we will pay for the valid companies you found and then throughout the year you can continue submitting new companies at your own pace and we will activate and pay new milestones each time.