I have my own version of this game client: [login to view URL] written in C++ and Lua and also using a custom "OTUI" (Open Tibia User Interface) language similar to CSS for creating interfaces, but it's kind of buggy/unpredictable.
To learn how things work you may also use this version to more easily enable/disable debugging depending on the task: [login to view URL]
The client can be easily compiled on Linux by following the wiki tutorial and using "cmake .. -DUSE_STATIC_LIBS=0 && make -j `nproc`" or on Windows by using VS2019 and following the tutorial (compile as Debug x64).
For a server to connect to you may use mine.
I need various things changed in my game client, for instance:
* One's own playername should be clear green/visible in total darkness, currently it's very dark, almost unreadable.
* Bug with shooting missile runes sometimes not working (client-sided bug with shooting missile runes in specific time frames).
* Missing "Edit Mark" function in the top right minimap widget (Right Click to add a mark, Set Mark, then right click the mark and there will be no "Edit Mark" when there should be).
* Various others we can discuss along the way.
* Experienced in C++ even though you will probably not write much C++, it will probably be necessary to read some C++ code and alter small parts
* Some experience with Lua or another similar scripting language
* Be able to learn new things fairly quickly without any documentation and sometimes messy code
Payment: $10-25 per task depending on difficulty + $50 for fixing shooting missile rune bug.