I need assistance in preparing an employment contract for a new hire of ours. For convenience I am attaching our standard "boiler-plate" employment contract
(It is essentially the contract all our employees have signed.) The difference in this particular case is that this individual will be provided a company car and company cell phone. The car is the most significant item I would like to protect.
I would like to insure the following:
1. the vehicle MUST be maintained (our company bought the maintenance warranty program through the dealer… all maintenance is covered and free. The employee needs to make sure it is brought in on time and serviced properly)
2. No smoking in the vehicle
3. No driving out of province
4. No driving accross the border
5. No drinking or driving
6. No criminal activity
7. Employee is responsible for all fines he incurs
6. Needs to take care of the car and keep it in a clean condition (inside and out)
7. Company decals magnets have been added… they need to be taken care of and need to be on the car at all times
8. employee is responsible for any damage beyond normal “wear and tear”
Regarding the cell phone:
1. It is only used for business
2. It is brand new
3. If it is lost, stolen, or damaged he will be responsible for its replacement
abuse or misuse can lead to termination.
Also important to state that upon termination the vehicle is to be returned to Simplified Rentals immediately!