The application I want to develop is a custom Purchase Request workflow. There are too many applications on the web that can do this but what’s needed is a very custom one.
The company is a manufacturing company and their projects are usually built from scratch. “Built from scratch” means that they request raw materials and items and when they receive them they build (manufacture) the machinery in-house. We are talking here about Conveyors, Palletizers, De-palletizers, and complete lines... Every project is custom and few are the projects that are manufactured the same way.
The application is divided into two separated phases/workflows:
1. Operations workflow. It handles all the projects requests (like raw materials, components, tools…) to build these machineries, complete the projects and deliver them to their clients.
2. Support workflow. It handles all the requests for the company needs like buying computers, chairs, air conditioners, employee trainings, office supplies...
Our development project here is about Phase1 – the Operations workflow. The process of managing this workflow is usually easy to understand so generally speaking we have:
1. A user (ex: an Engineer) logs in to the system and create a Purchase Request (PR) that could contain too many items. (Every item has a Code, Brand Name, Description, Specification, Quantity, Measurement Unit and other fields).
2. Once the PR is submitted by the requestor, it will go to the stock so the stock team checks if they have these items in the warehouse and they will input the available quantities for each item.
3. The PR goes to the Purchasing department and they will open it.
If the balance of the item is zero (Quantities ordered by requestor – Quantities available in Stock = 0) the item will not show because there’s nothing to do with it. It’s available in stock.
If the balance is greater than zero then the purchasing will have to find the right supplier and issue Purchase Orders (PO) to buy this item and get it.
The PO will also go through a workflow of approvals before it’s sent to the supplier
Check out the Visio workflow so you can understand better the requirements since the application is more complicated than this.
Of course the system will have to include modules to create and manage Projects, Customers, Libraries, Brand Names, Request for Quotations (RFQs), Connection with other databases, Shipping module (small module to manage the shipments of items and components coming from abroad), Advanced search using a combination of database fields…
We have already started building this application (by a non-experienced developer) and we need to continue using the same architecture and technologies (MVC5, C#, SQL Server, Entity Framework 6, Ajax, Bootstrap) but we do not mind adding other tools and technologies.
The video will show what was done on the system so far so you could have an idea what kind of applications and interfaces we are talking about.
I am a developer myself and I am running this project, so I appreciate the developer working on this project to take like 5 - 10 minutes max to explain the code and how things are being done after pushing the code or publishing a new functionality to keep things on the right track and try to avoid changes and modifications later on. I prefer working with one developer and not a team of developers.
For project management and other stuff later on, I am always available by *Removed by Admin as it encourages offsite communication which breaches our Terms of Service * I am only available starting 4PM (Montreal time, UTC – 4). So it’s preferable to have someone who can be available at least for 1 hour after 4PM UTC-4.
76 freelancers are bidding on average $4664 for this job
Hi, I have made a application for manufacturer. I am making finished item by raw materials in this system. If you are interested I can show you demo. I understand about your requirement.