We are building a learning management system in ASP.Net Core and C#. We want our system to be able to display and report data for TinCan (also called xAPI) files. We have already built the structure for the activity to upload a TinCan file and view it as seen in this video: [login to view URL]
We are currently using SCORM Cloud to store the files, launch the lesson and record the results, but we need to make this happen on our own site, instead of using the SCORM Cloud API. I have an example of this on another site we did which you can use as reference. The example code is in PHP so can't be used directly, but will provide a good starting point to figure out how this should work in C#.
1. Needs to support TinCan (also called xAPI) and SCORM formats. SCORM is display only, TinCan will need to record data back to our system.
- Only need to support SCORM 1.2 (not SCORM 2004)
2. Alter our current code to upload the .zip file to our file system instead of sending to SCORM Cloud.
3. When a user views the page the activity should launch in an iframe, with a "full screen" button to optionally launch in a new window.
4. TinCan reporting
- TinCan activities will report completion and other data back to the LMS. Our LMS must be able to recognize certain responses and handle them accordingly.
- Our app already has a Web API. I believe you can use this to handle the data sent from the TinCan activity.
- The LMS should log all TinCan responses (also called xAPI statements) to the database. We have a table setup where the responses should be stored called "ActivityOnlineLessonUserResults". You may need to modify the table structure. Each response should be stored in a way that makes sense so that the data can be accessed later.
- Some responses will trigger other actions in our system. For example, if the activity reports a status of 'Complete' we will mark that activity as complete in our LMS. You don't need to add this functionality, if you record everything in the table 'ActivityOnlineLessonUserResults' we will modify your code later for these additional functions.
Resources We Will Provide
1. Full access our code repo which you can download into Visual Studio through Azure DevOpts
2. Assistance to get the code running on your local machine (if needed)
3. Test TinCan/SCORM activity files. I have four different files you can use to test for uploading and viewing: [login to view URL]
- One file is SCORM 1.2 format. The other 3 are TinCan and will report different results.
3. Functional PHP site that uploads, plays and records TinCan activities. Will provide FTP access to see how the same functionality is handled in PHP. ([login to view URL])
4. Assistance from our developers to help you understand our code and implement your changes.
18 freelancers are bidding on average $791 for this job
Hi, Greetings. I can definitely help you. I am, having 2 years of experience in software programming especially c#. Waiting to work with you. Thanks in advance.