**Please note: This is a pay-per-article gig.**
We are digital marketing publication and we are looking for someone who can cover news about search, social media and other digital marketing topics. Especially in cases where there is breaking news that comes out during Europe hours.
You will be expected to write up to 5 articles per week.
You will also have opportunities to update or rewrite evergreen stories, for additional compensation.
You will report to our Executive Editor, who will work with you on editorial guidelines, expectations, and help you be successful in this critical role.
You will be expected to:
• Cover and/or develop news stories of interest to our audience – including SEO, PPC, social media, and other types of digital marketing (e.g., content marketing).
• Monitor relevant publications, blogs, social media, forums, and any other relevant sources to source stories.
• Publish stories as they happen (not hours after), as well as adding a unique spin: industry/personal insight, expert commentary, analysis, or anything else that brings a fresh perspective.
• Format text for readability.
• Conduct research to provide any needed context for readers.
• Fact check your sources and content.
• Write accurate and engaging headlines that attract traffic and clicks.
• Communicate (mainly via email) with the Executive Editor and fellow writers.
• Add a Featured Image to every post.
• Include relevant screenshots/images/etc., whenever possible.
• Cover all news stories thoroughly, following journalistic principles.
• Link to related news stories and posts on website.
Who We Are Looking For:
• You are a team player. No big egos are allowed in our clubhouse. : )
• You are self-motivated and self-directed. You will own your news beat! You will be given the freedom to shape it how you see fit. But you will always be supported and given feedback/guidance as needed.
• You are a great writer and self-editor, who can be trusted to self-publish accurate articles.
• You understand the “why does this matter” element of your story – and can communicate this to the reader.
• You pride yourself on beating the competition and being FIRST to publish breaking news!
• You know how to use WordPress.
• You understand basic SEO.
• You have strong English skills.
• You are a professional who will represent us well, offline and online.
• writing: 3 years (Required)
• digital marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
Make us the best offer for the 1000 word article