Combining the sustainable livelihoods approach with the value chain approach enables us to examine the potential benefits to poor households from engaging with markets, either as producers or as employees in often globalised types of production. However, equally, poor households may not realise the benefits unless specific approaches/interventions are adopted. These approaches could focus, for example, on support to the development of co-operatives, legislation to enforce decent work standards, technical support to reach quality standards required to sell into global markets, and development of fair trade marketing arrangements.
1. Coffee is a commodity which is traded internationally but produced in developing countries involving poor households either as producers or employees.
2. Describe a typical value chain for the commodity (i.e. who are the actors, if possible what share of benefits accrues to each actor), using an example(s) from a specific country or countries. Where appropriate draw a diagram tracing the value chain.
3. Discuss the extent to which poor households appear to gain from the value chain, and what measures might be needed to increase those benefits. Identify and discuss any specific constraints to realising these benefits for poor households.
4. Draw conclusions on the potential for reducing poverty through participation in such internationally-oriented value chains.
5. Include references in assignment and a bibliography.
The written project should comprise approx. 1500 words but may also include diagrams, tables etc.
23 freelancers are bidding on average €95 for this job
Hello , Alice here I am willing to work on the academic writing on your mentioned topic on 1500 words. Please share the relevant information. Let me know if you like to see the samples.
I have read the guidelines of your work, i believe i can provide you with the best quality of work you are anticipating from this [login to view URL] give me a chance to show you the best i can do at your service.