BLOG driven web site required for vocational education organisation.
There will be several blogs of different titles on the site (all with 2 variants for 2 languages) and therefore the site needs to support multiple blogs and 2 languages.
I've heard that Wordpress is the way to go generally but then have read some forum posts commenting that Wordpress cannot support multiple blogs on one site, therefore I'm open as to which CMS system will be used.
See 'deliverables' section for more details. Please be as detailed as possible as to the system architecture you would use to meet all the requirements, which CMS (if any) you would use and feel free to get technical, I have a programming background and have a good appreciation of web technology. Please also ask any questions regards additional requirements.
I don't know how much to bid for this so leave it up to you !!
I will be looking to support the site myself in future so once system is in place, I will be learning the architecture and setup myself.
1) There will be two main deliverables here. The first will be a **'test site with imported blogs'** . Deadline for delivery of test site will be about **5 CALENDER days** (i.e. Saturdays/Sundays included) from bid acceptance (96 hours). After this, **testing** will probably take **2 to 3 calender days** where you should promptly respond/discuss/action any 'change requests' from me. I envisage bid acceptance to happen on Thursday evening and therefore work to commence on _Friday 27th February_ with the test site delivered by _Tuesday 3rd March_ ! Testing would then take place from Wednesday 4th March to Thursday/Friday. This could obviously be moved forward if site is created more quickly.
Second main deliverable will be a **LIVE site** (live installation to a main domain). You'll need to somehow backup a current mySQL database that is there before replacing it. (it currently has a Joomla installation that will effectively become redundant once new system is put up, I guess this means just a backup of all current articles.)
2) Standard logo banner will be present at the top of site
and will stay fixed regardless of blog being viewed.
3) There will be a main left NAV menu with two types of links:
a) the 'fixed' stuff, i.e. About/Contact us'
b) list of blog titles, initially there will be no more than about 5. There is no need to visually seperate 'fixed page' links from the 'blog links'. As far as the visitor is concerned, the blogs are simply 'other linked pages'. The list of blog links need not be dynamic, i.e. the system should allow for adding one or two blogs in the future but the links in NAV bar could be added/ edited manually if required later. Links should be bulleted with a standard icon or different small icons, yet to be decided (TBD) with a simple mouseover highlighted effect for each.
4) Only administrator will need to create/edit blogs, no user login functionality to web site/ user profile functionaility required apart from an admin login somewhere (away from main blogs in 'the back' somewhere)
5) There should be 'no' login forms/boxes on same pages as the blogs.
6) Site needs to be bi-lingual, there will be a Russian and an English version of all blogs. Two links/ buttons will be present on main template to switch all blogs and menu items between English and Russian (these will be in the form of small flags of the countries). Language will remain consistent until the other language is selected. Ideally, a cookie will hold the user's last selection for subsequent visits to avoid changing languages again.
7) Importing of several blogs will be required from blogspot
for the test installation. After completion, if coder instructs me on how to do this I will carry out the same procedure on the live site unless there is a quick way of achieving this (e.g direct copy from mySQL tables)
Additional requirements below are the RentAcoder standard ones :
8) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
9) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
10) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Mar 4, 2009 5:21:51 AM:
Hi all, unfortunately the requirements for my project have changed somewhat and I have to cancel the current bid. Apologies and thanks for the prompt reply to my questions, Daniel
Browsers, Internet Explorer latest versions and Mozilla Firefox.