App Features (Phase 1)
• Ability for App users to request a video conference appointment via form (which would arrive via email request)
• When conference booked unique code created to allow client / lawyer to join that unique conference. It will be possible and likely ultimately that more than one conference with different lawyers and different clients could be happening at the same time through the same App.
• High quality video and audio (preferably HD) and ability to switch to audio only if internet speed is not supporting video
• Participants: Ability to host 1-5 participants in a meeting
• Cross compatibility, useable on iOS and Android (and Microsoft and Mac laptops and desktops)
• Virtual Whiteboard – ability to share, save and email
• Documents (Word, pdf, Excel) – Ability to share, save and email (ideally screen sharing)
• Chat/Messaging – Ability to share, save and email during the conference
• Recording of the conference - Ability to share, save and store in an appropriate format, such as .avi or .mp3 (for audio)
• Client profiles – ability for clients to register and provide information. This will also correspond with their chat/messaging profiles.
• “Push” notifications – to notify clients of upcoming meeting, and other potential uses down the track;
App Features (Phase 2)
• Payment Gateway for payment for the Conference at its conclusion (and potentially for all client Invoices on all matters).
• The App will need to be developed with iteration in mind – it must have the capacity to easily tweak and “plug-in” new features that are developed down the line;
• Stability is key – the app will need to be extensively tested for errors, responsiveness and ease-of-use;
• Platform – it should be developed on a standard, industry recognised platform (and programming language) that will not be rendered obsolete with updates to Android, iOS or Windows operating systems
• Security – the app will be storing privileged and sensitive information. The developer will need to ensure the app is secure, and provide a strategy to us to guarantee that security.
• Master interface – the app should have an “Admin” interface that will allow access to all settings, change user permissions, obtain client details; “push” notifications to clients and all other reasonably necessary functions.
• Source code for the app to be made available to us upon completion.
Branding: The App to be deeply branded as an app for our firm.
Host Server and Maintenance: We would want to run the App through our own servers, but would need a system administration team available, for:
• Technical support
• Hardware maintenance
• Software updates
• Intrusion protection &
• Bandwidth management.
Once designed the App developer is to assist in making the app available for free through Apple Store and Google.
Look forward to hearing from you.