Credit Controller - one afternoon a week – Part time - office based.
We are a London city centre based accounting specialist working with both individuals and businesses. We are currently a team of 8, however we are growing and expanding quickly. We are very good at what we do. All our staff work as a team, though we are all self-managed. We are ambitious, dynamic, professional and work in a fast-paced environment.
To assist us with our growth we are now seeking to bring on a part time credit controller. This is initially a ½ day a week position and will be based in our London city office (close to Liverpool Street).
You will have at least 3 years experience in end to end credit control. Have an excellent telephone manner and will be able to deal with outbound calls to clients, treating every situation with sensitivity. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will have sole responsibility for the cashflow and credit control function of the business. This is a newly created function and so you will be responsible for setting up a simple credit control procedure, including payment request letters.
Typical duties will include:
• Liaising with our Client Managers you will clarify the work done and the amounts owed before calling the client.
• Double checking all payments owed with Client Manager and that all client information and work completed has been logged by the Client managers.
• Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are cleared for payment.
• Out-bound calls to clients to request payments and log details of conversations and outcomes.
• Ensuring all payments are made within credit terms.
• Applying interest to overdue payments.
• When necessary, negotiating re-payment plans (pre-approved with you Manager)
• Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices.
• Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems.
• Reconciling payments made against invoices.
• Providing accounts information to internal departments.
• At least 3 years experience as a Credit Controller.
• Experience in running the credit control function solely.
• Ability to work in a small business in a self-managed role.
• Excellent telephone manner with native level English, excellent grammar and writing skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
• Ability to reconcile accounts and have excellent attention to detail.
• Competence in Microsoft Office products, XL and accounting software programmes
• Prior experience with bank reconciliations.
• Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations.