1. please read requirement below
2. I need a formulae that will automate and produce accurate and
optimal deals for my group buying site.
The Variables for this include :
1. Freight calculator - [url removed, login to view] -to
calculate the cost of freight - ( height x width x depth = rate per m3 ,
weight in kg where relevant. -
2. customs rates and taxes for various countries and common goods
3. admin overheads - for each deal which would cover labour,
electricity, telephone, internet etc...maybe a fix sum $10-$20
4. Cost of goods, - supplier price , cash price? , container load
5. how many of the goods can fit into the container
6. based on questionaire - and average industry information - the likely
quantity of ordering ie. for example a restaurant would order based on
how many tables they have, number of employees, estimated turnover a
month or year. ie. A figure through research that the average asian
restaurant in melbourne has about 20 tables 4 employees and turns over 1
million a year - goes through 200kg of rice a week. 8 x 25kg bags or 32
bags a month.
and they have storage for 32 bags. (which fits well on one pallet).
7. So once all the variables are inputed and the profit margin is added
- the deal caculator will calculate optimal sell price and qty and
delivery /logistics offering.
8. The calculator will also Vett the sell price against the local
competition price. And can be set as a variable.
The price must be cheaper than LIKE FOR LIKE product by 20%. Then
it will let it past to be published.
An example is listed below to aid understanding :
We have decided to do a deal on 25kg jasmine restaurant grade rice for
restaurants in the Australian city of Melbourne. The supplier is in the
Mekong Delta , Vietnam
Costing Variables - USD AUD EUROs
Product Cost (PC) $15 Target Cost (TC) Cheapest Local Price
(CLP) plus Customize Packaging
Freight Calculator --- see template on website provided
h - 80cm width 55cm d 28cm , kg 25kg
20ft container - $3000 USD
Average order - 32 bags per restaurant - one full pallet.
local port charges $500
Average freight to end customer of one pallet x expressed as per bag -
$160 per pallet $5 per bag
profit margin - $5 a bag x 1000 bags. ( estimated fit into 20ft
container) - manually entered.
what is the cheapest sell price in melbourne (manually entered) $35
Once all the variables are entered , the calculator will give the
optimal sell price for us and tell us whether
the deal is feasible and able to go ahead.
Then we can proceed to the next level.