Analysis -- Four part
Marketing analysis on Cisco systems
See an outline of the entire project: [url removed, login to view];ampterm=77&amppresentation=735
Examine this example: Available at
[url removed, login to view]
bplans/[url removed, login to view]
For Part 01, you will describe the general situation for the product you are examining. That description should be covered in no more than four pages. You will identify the primary products/services of interest, your core business, its markets, its competitors, and the major variables at work in this industry.
Excluding your title page, please write approximately a four page paper addressing the following, and using the sections as subtitles in your paper:
1) NAME the ORGANIZATION or Company you have chosen to examine, and give its address and other background information in a 1-2 paragraph summary.
2) Give the organization's MISSION STATEMENT.
If there is no mission statement, analyze information about the company and write a mission statement that includes what it does, whom it serves, and how it serves them (i.e., what value it provides, or what values underlie the organization).
3) Create an initial list or table of the major PRODUCTS, GOODS, or SERVICES (as categories) that the company produces and/or sells, with an explanation of each.
You will present more detail regarding what the company sells and to whom it sells what it sells in Parts 02 #7-9.
4) Create a list of COMPETITORS for the business (if it is small) or a product category (if the company is quite large).
5) Discuss your company's POSITION in the MARKET place relative to competitors. In doing so, explain your company's strategies or COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES.
Please remember: All Parts contributions relating to a discussion of competitive advantage must be specific in that key competitors must be individually identified and described with reference to the questions posed. General observations regarding your firm's having competitive advantage (or not) over the competition are not up to the standard expected in MBA assignments!
As stated above, excluding your title page, answer these four questions in approximately a 4 page paper and submit it for grading by the end of this module. In addressing the questions, use the CAPITALIZED and BOLD words in the sections above as headings.
Note that Part 1 is front-end loaded. This means that your Part 1 will take a bit more time than Parts 2-05 because your description of the target market(s) your organization serves and the competition your organization faces establishes the foundation to which you will add to your answers to the sections.
In Parts 2-5 and because you need to give careful consideration to the Organization Cisco Systems
Examine the organization or company: How are you going to "markets" a product or service a analyzing its Mission, Objectives, Competitors, Product, Price, Place, and Promotion.