Using data available from US government sites such as [login to view URL], calculate the tax revenue generated by the following tax scheme:
- All income is taxed the same way - ie, salary, capital gains, dividends, interest income etc. all have the same tax rates.
- There are no deductions, exemptions etc - a simple calculation of taxes based on income is all that's required.
- The first $35k of income is not taxed.
- Income between $35k and $100k is taxed at 20%.
- Income above $100k is taxed at 35%
Calculate revenues for a recent year. Choose the year based on ease of finding data - perhaps a census year.
It's OK to make simplifying assumptions, just state them.
19 freelancers are bidding on average $161 for this job
i am ACCA qualified. i am enthusiastic to work and want a chance to prove my skills. i am working in Audit Firm (Deloitte Pakistan) where i am involved in a range of number crunching exercises.
I worked on the tax information statistics publication that gets released annually by the Australian government. My work ties in easily with what this project aims to accomplish.