Finding XQuery Experts on Freelancer
XQuery is a query and functional programming language that queries and transforms collections of data in the form of XML, text and extensions such as JSON and binary.
First appearing in 2007, the programming language’s file name can be .xq, .xqy or .xquery and the aim of the language is to provide flexible query facilities to extract data from real and virtual documents via the web.
XQuery expressions operate on sequences that are ordered lists of items that can be either nodes or atomic values. Nodes represent components of XML documents, and atomic values are instances of XML Schema base types.
Programmers who use XQuery may use nested sequences for the manipulation of document contents, which are represented by nodes and child-parent relationships.
There are a range of applications for XQuery, including:
- Extracting data from databases to be used for application integration
- Selecting and transforming XML data to XHTML which is then published on the web
- Searching through text documents on the web for relevant information and compiling results
- Creating summary reports on data that is stored in an XML database
- Extracting information from a database for use in a web service
There are a range of benefits for using XQuery which include:
- XQuery offers a range of different data structures, which allows for querying tree and graph structures.
- Statements in XQuery are shorted and that other programming languages
- The programming language can query both hierarchical and tabular data
- There is a consistent syntax that can be used with other XML standards
Programmers prefer XQuery for its ability to directly create XHTML structures that can be easily used in web pages and online. While there are many similarities with SQL, the language offers a wide range of benefits and is quick and easy to learn for programmers.
If you’re looking to integrate a programming language into your website that can find and extract elements for XML documents, XQuery can assist.
Freelance XQuery experts are available and ready to work on projects at a moment's notice and offer lower hourly and project rates as well as a quick turnaround for projects.
Freelancer.com is a global freelancer platform that brings together experience and qualified freelance XQuery developers from around the world and connects them with employers.
Simply log onto Freelancer.com today and view the extensive range of freelance XQuery developers who have the skill and knowledge to implement XQuery into your website.