Finding Compliance Experts on Freelancer
Worldwide there are rules and regulations covering nearly all aspects of life. This is made more apparent in the business world. There are local, state and federal laws to be aware of and fully complied with. There are criminal and administrative laws, including fraud and abuse laws. In large companies, a Director of Compliance is often hired to oversee a group of Compliance specialists who will handle all the above, but in the end, even the Director of Compliance is just a Compliance Specialist.
Compliance specialists are there to ensure that the company or organization keep on the right side of the law and are in accordance with all operational practices. They are in charge of proper management of workflow analysis, employee productivity, conflict resolution and review of quality. For this, they have to work together with Human Resources to ensure that the workforce is as productive as it can be.
Duties of a Compliance Specialist:
- Collection of data to be used to identify and isolate compliance conflict issues
- Developing of standards and indicators to be used to process measurement of staff in ongoing improvements
- Planning, management and implementation of all improvement schemes
- Keeping abreast of new compliance rules and regulations as they apply to the company
- Joins HR in planning in-depth training programmers
- Supervising training programmers, compliance training and education
- Assists internal IT teams in improving control framework while integrating the necessary compliance requirements
- Supervises and maintains the Ethics and Compliance Hotline
- Training of other compliance specialists as and when the company needs
The right Compliance Specialist will be energetic, curious and enthusiastic. He will have a mind suited to solving problems and resolving conflicts. He should also have the right kind of experience so as to be able to either fit into any team, or be confident enough to head his own team.
The Portfolio of a Compliance Specialist
- Professional use of the necessary applications e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Gmail, PowerPoint, Evernote and all other similar applications
- Current and functional knowledge of HIPAA, Medicare, Medicaid, OSHA, Anti-Kickback, Stark and False Claims Act plus all other similar regulations
- Over 5 years experience in same position fulfilling duties noted above
- A first degree in Business or Healthcare, Policy Control and Conflict Resolution
- A certified manager with experience in developing and creating policies and procedures
- A highly skilled thinker with the ability to extract, compare and connect received date to ensure proper utilization of information.
- Over 2 years of constant compliance within the healthcare industry
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to discuss and explain concepts and plans, no matter how technical, at all levels.
If you’re looking for a solution for your compliance needs or if you are looking to trial a freelancer to see if they provide the levels of expertise you are looking for, using a platform such as Freelancer.com is a fantastic option.
Simply log onto the Freelancer.com website and search through a bank of talented freelancers who are willing and able to provide their services to you for your project.