Finding Electronics Engineers on Freelancer
Electronics involves investigation into the behavior, movement, and control of electrons (or electricity). In particular, electronics encompasses the design and creation of circuits using specific componentry such as transistors and microchips, and manipulation of electron flow using vacuums, gasses and semiconductors. The movement of electrons is achieved by devices that resist, switch, guide, and store electrons.
Electronics is prevalent in all walks of society in varying levels of sophistication. Central to the ideation and creation of electronics products or services are electronic engineers.
The origins of the electronic engineering profession can be traced to the telegraph industry in the late 1800s and telephone and radio technologies from around one hundred years ago. A captivation with radio and communication stimulated demand for services and later a strong interest in transmission involvement. The Second World War and the associated explosion of electrical equipment for services such as radar, sonar, communication and warfare further influenced the growth of the electronic engineering profession.
A diverse range of electric engineering subfields exists today including consumer electronics, telecommunications, radio engineering, control systems, signal processing power electronics, computer engineering, robotics and embedded systems
Electronic engineers are typically highly trained and intelligent. A Bachelor's level degree in Engineering, Science, Applied Sciences or Technology is common, with a minimum 3-4 years study conventional. The study typically extends entrants knowledge in the fields of physics, chemistry, mathematics and other topics specific to electronics. Some engineers will embark on further study towards a Masters of Engineering or Engineering Doctorate.
If you are looking for a freelance electronic engineer, there are a variety of skills you should seek proficiency in. These include (but are not limited to):
- MS Office - Knowledge of the MS Office suite is useful for documents, presentations, database management and more.
- AutoCAD - AutoCAD supports computer-aided design and drafting.
- C++ programming - Knowledge of this programming language is useful for tasks such as micro-controller coding, or programming other applications.
- VHDL - VHDL is a hardware description language frequently used in VLSI design and electronic design automation.
- Python - Python knowledge is practical for process automation and numerical methods.
- PLC & SCADA - Assists remote monitoring and control as well as industrial automation.
- Labview - Labview enables analysis of electrical machines and power engineering design.
- Mat Lab - And finally, Matlab is useful for modeling and signal processing tasks.
If you are searching for a skilled and qualified resource to support your next electronic project, it might be time to consider Freelancer.com. By posting a project on Freelancer.com, you will instantly expose your opportunity to hundreds of high-quality electronic experts on the popular crowd-sourced community. You can also hire a freelancer directly from their profile - simply start browsing through the freelancer directory to find suitable applicants.
Still not sure who to hire? The dedicated team of Recruiters can help! Select the "recruiter" option, and you'll get personalized help so you can find the perfect electronics expert for your project.
Freelancing is often a more cost effective option than employing full-time staff and provides a welcome opportunity to test knowledge and performance on smaller defined tasks before committing to a long-term partnership. Post a project for free today! With over 19 million users, you can get the helping hand you need in no time.