Finding AutoCAD Designers on Freelancer
AutoCAD is one of the most ubiquitous CAD software programs available throughout the world. Initially developed and released by AutoDesk in 1982 as a desktop application, AutoCAD is a leading software for the creation of 2D and 3D computer aided design. Autodesk, Inc. is based in San Rafael, California and provides software to manufacturing, engineering, construction, architecture, and entertainment industries and support through hundreds of training centers globally.
Since the 1982 release of AutoCAD, the product suite has extended continuously, from the introduction of a lite version AutoCAD LT with limited capabilities, the initial launch of AutoCAD WS, culminating in the 2010 release of AutoCAD 360, a cloud-based mobile and web application. AutoCAD is also available in a number or product verticals to provide discipline specific support and feature enhancements that are industry defined. Product verticals are available for Architecture, Civil, Electrical, Mapping, Mechanical, MEP, Utility Design, Structural Detailing, P&ID, and Plant 3D.
AutoCAD software uses the file format .dwg for storing two and three-dimensional data, and the interchange file format DXF. This file format has become native across a number of CAD programs, and numerous CAD applications provide support for .dwg non-natively.
Despite AutoCAD historically emerging alongside Flash based software, AutoCAD 360 leverages HTML5 browser technology popularized by Google Chrome, Firefox, and other similar web browsers.
AutoCAD encourages automation and customization through support for APIs such as AutoLISP, Visual LISP, ObjectARX, .Net and VBA and a number of plugins are available to configure your development experience from the Autodesk Exchange App store.
AutoCAD is renowned for enabling simple drawing, creation, editing and collaboration across multiple devices and throughout the internet. The suite of products possesses an abundance of features and capabilities. A few of the most popular features include:
- 3D Free-Form Tools - Providing simplicity and the flexibility to create innovative and attractive 3D models.
- Sharing and collaboration - Improve communication with colleagues and clients through advanced collaboration tools utilizing TrustedDWG technology.
- Productivity Tools - AutoCAD supports high-efficiency work methods including advanced visualization, PDF file generation, easy drag and drop tool palettes, inbuilt design layouts, revision clouds and smart dimensioning.
- Refined interface - Ongoing improvements to an already intuitive interface deliver reduce eye strain, improved visibility, and an attractive visual experience.
- Cloud based - Access AutoCAD development locally, via the intranet, the Internet, or through your cloud connection.
The prevalence of AutoCAD software programs throughout a diverse spectrum of industries confirms the importance of attracting development resource highly skilled in the AutoCAD product suite. If you currently employ AutoCAD within your business, or perhaps are undertaking a new project requiring the creation of precise 2D or 3D graphical modeling, you probably require a dedicated resource to drive your project to completion.
Freelancer.com is home to hundreds of experienced modelers skilled in the use of AutoCAD in every discipline, from architecture to manufacturing and more. Post a project on Freelancer.com and attract bids from leading freelancers, or simply hire an AutoCAD developer directly after reviewing their demo reel or portfolio. You can choose to run a contest amongst a host of suitable contractors to achieve the optimal business result.
Visit Freelancer.com today to locate the perfect employee for your next AutoCAD project.