Freelancer.com $12,500 Clean up the World Challenge!
- Status: Pending
- Prize: $12500
- Entries Received: 172
*** UPDATE WE ARE JACKPOTTING THE PRIZE TO US$12,500 AND EXTENDING FOR 30 MORE DAYS DUE TO POPULAR REQUEST ***
Here at Freelancer.com we’re passionate about changing lives, whether it’s helping freelancers around the world gain a better quality of life, connecting
businesses with enormously talented people who can help them reach new heights or leaving the planet in better shape than we found it.
That’s why we’re giving the #trashtag movement a boost with the Freelancer Clean Up the World Challenge.
We’re asking you to pitch in and clean up the planet. Find an area in your community that needs cleaning and take it from shabby to sparkling. We want you to send us three photos: before the clean up, after the clean up and a photo of the waste being collected.
*** MAKE SURE TO PRINT AND DISPLAY THE FREELANCER CLEAN UP THE WORLD TEMPLATE IN ALL THREE PHOTOS AS A PRINT OUT THAT YOU ARE HOLDING (ATTACHED TO THIS CONTEST). WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING PHOTOSHOPPED IMAGES. ***
To enter, upload your pictures to this contest, and don’t forget to post on social media with the hashtags #trashtag and #freelancercleanup. The best cleanup effort will win US$12,500!
In addition, everyone who joins the contest and makes an effort to clean up will earn a Do-Gooder Badge!
We would also love to see some videos of the process (e.g. timelapse), but you must have the three still images to enter.
Here are some #trashtag images to get you inspired:
[login to view URL]
So get to work and let’s make the world a cleaner place.
A few things to remember:
1. Safety first. Wear gloves, and make sure they’re thick, durable gardening style gloves. If possible, wear breathing protection. Don’t clean up hazardous waste. Leave that to the professionals. Don’t clean up near roads with a speed limit over 25mph or 40km/h, and make sure you’re at least 3 meters from the roadside. We want a clean planet, but we don’t want anyone hurt.
2. By entering the contest, you agree that Freelancer.com will not be liable for any injury sustained, any loss or damage to property or any act of omission, negligence or fault on the part of the participant (you).
3. Make sure to include the printed Freelancer Clean Up the World template with your name or team name and location in the before, after and waste collection photos.
4. Post your pics on social media with the #trashtag and #freelancercleanup hashtags.
5. By entering the contest you are consenting to having your photograph taken and displayed for promotional or other purposes without your further consent.
6. Tell us more about your clean up experience by filling out this form: [login to view URL]