Freelancers know how tough it can be to bid for a project. You have to show off your skills, include sample works, and articulate exactly how much your effort is worth. You know someone will get the project at the end of bidding but how can you make sure it is you?
The employer will award the project to the best freelancer for the job. This is where an effective bid comes into play. It is vital as a candidate that you put your best foot forward when pitching yourself to prospective clients. Another way to showcase your professionalism and prove to the client that you are serious about their business is by listing down milestones in your bid!
Proposing Milestones: What can it do for freelancers?
Freelancers can now enumerate upfront the well-defined tasks they will execute on to complete the project in the “Proposed Milestones” section. This will help them go into more detail on what they plan to deliver, the expected timeframes they will work towards, and what price they charge for each completed milestone. This in turn gives the employer complete confidence and clarity on how the freelancer will tackle their project.
Are you an employer? Let proposed milestones find you the right freelancer!
Some employers who have yet to try working with freelancers think the work may not be done to their standards. This is definitely not the case! If the employer finds the right freelancer whose skills match the tasks for the project, then they can get the job done right. Proposed Milestones gives the employer confidence in the freelancer’s abilities.
There could be 10, 20, or even hundreds of top freelancers waiting to work on your project!
Here’s how Proposed Milestones work:
1. After placing your bid and writing your proposal, go to the Proposed Milestones section and describe each task/milestone you will deliver for the project. You have to be very specific to avoid miscommunication between you and the employer.
2. Indicate how much each milestone costs. You should have an appropriate price for every milestone. In this way, you can get paid after completing a task and you don’t have to wait for the entire project to finish. The breakdown prices must add up to the price of your bid on the project.
3. Submit your proposal.
1. When reviewing bids, the employer will see the number of milestones a particular freelancer can deliver under the amount proposed for the project.To view the milestone breakdown, hover your pointer over the number of milestones (displayed alongside the number of days the project will be completed).
2. Tick the Shortlist box if you like the proposal but wish to check on other bids first. If you’ve decided to hire a certain freelancer, click on the Award Project button. As always, you have to confirm the award.
3. After proceeding, you will then be presented with an updated version of the bid breakdown. Think of your project’s priorities while reviewing the freelancers’ milestones.
4. By clicking Create Milestone, you will be prompted to deposit payment for the milestones which will then be released after every task done.
Why are you going to love this new feature? According to company data, freelancers are 21% more likely to be awarded the project if they indicate a bid breakdown. The freelancer receives faster and more frequent payments because of each indicated milestone and the employer is completely confident in the freelancer’s work!
Bidding for a project? You surely know what to do now.
Looking to hire a freelancer? Look out for Proposed Milestones and pick the best freelancer for your project!