If your brand is new to link building, or even if you have been doing it for a while, you are sure to find something useful in this guide. It is essential to understand the need for the implementation of high quality link building campaigns if you are to succeed in the online business, and that isn’t about to change anytime soon. This guide was specifically written to get you going in the right direction.
What is link building?
The process of acquiring hyperlinks from websites to your own website is what is referred to as link building. A link (or hyperlink) is a way for users to navigate between Internet pages. Search engines use links to crawl the Web. They get the links between your website's individual pages and they will look for links between other websites. SEO people tend to agree that one of the hardest parts of their jobs is link building. For that reason, if you can master the art of building good quality links, you will be truly ahead of your competition.
The Hyperlink’s Anatomy
It is important to understand the basics of the creation of a link, how search engines view links, and what can be interpreted from them.
- Link tag start: Also referred to as the anchor tag (“a”), this is responsible for telling search engines what is about to follow is a link to something else.
- Link referral location ("href" standing for "hyperlink referral"): The text inside the quotation marks indicates the URL at which the link is pointing to. Many times, this doesn’t have to be a Web page. It could be the address of a file to download or even an image. Sometimes, you might see something that's not a URL that begins with a # sign. These are the local links that take you to a different section of the page you are on.
- Visible/anchor text of link: This is the little bit of text that is seen by users on the page and on which they will have to click to open the link. The text is normally formatted in a way to ensure that it stands out from the surrounding texts, often in color blue and or underlined, definitely signaling the users that it is a clickable link.
- Link tag closure: The end of the link tag is signaled to the search engines by this.
Two Important Ways That the Links are Used By Search Engines:
· To help in the discovery of new Web pages
· To help in determining how well a page should rank in results.
How to Create a System for Interlinking Your Pages:
The more good quality websites that link to you, the more likely you are to rank well in search results. Building external links is important, but also focusing on the internal links can get quality links with rich anchor texts to the proper pages.
- Utilizing a Keyword Research tool for Link Building – to get relevant keyword suggestions
- Assign Keywords to Content –to create search friendly information
- Link Pages Using Targeted Anchor Text –this is the final step which involves application of the keyword research to intelligent inter-linking; it is done by linking to content using the discovered key words.