Work with Us
Freelancer.co.uk is the leading outsourcing marketplace globally. We offer a challenging and exciting career, working with cutting-edge technology.
Who we're looking for
We are always interested to hear from talented, multi-disciplined Software Engineers, Web Designers, UI Designers/Front End Developers and Internet Marketers. Whether you're a graduate or a seasoned veteran, there's always an opening for exceptional people here.
Benefits of working for us
We're based in Sydney, Australia and provide a competitive salary along with many other attractive benefits. You'll be working with some of the best in the field on the most challenging problems in Internet Sphere. Our office overlooks the water at Jones Bay Wharf and has a fun and exciting vibe to it. If you enjoy a fast paced environment, a variety of work and sunny barbecues on Friday then you'll fit in nicely here.
Current job openings:
We are looking for a graduates in computer science (or related field) who are highly motivated, intelligent, welcome responsibility and love to tackle difficult problems. Either you must have relevant commercial experience or are a recent graduate with strong academic results. This won't be your typical cog-in-the-machine type of job. You will be exposed to the fast pace of a startup at the grass roots by a team who have built global technology companies before.
The successful applicant:
- Back end developers with skills in PHP/MySQL/Linux
- SEO/SEM/Internet marketing specialists
- Talented graduates with a strong academic results, good programming skills, and who have a strong understanding of core computer science knowledge
- Tertiary Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or Related)
We're putting together the best design team in Australia!
Are you passionate about user interface design and user experience? Do you love to write clean and elegant CSS and HTML? If you're a problem solver and an innovator that lives and breathes UI design then we want you!
Freelancer.co.uk is the world's largest outsourcing marketplace for small business and we're looking to hire a User Interface Designer with at least 2 years industry experience to work full time on our growing suite of websites. As part of our design team you'll work closely with product managers and developers turning complex problems into beautiful and functional website interfaces. Along with designing these interfaces you'll also be doing the front-end development so you'll need to be well versed in coding HTML/CSS.
What you'll do:
- Paying close attention to detail you'll design cutting edge mock-ups and interfaces
- Create wireframes and simplify complex interface design issues
- Define process and task flows to create elegant user experiences
- Code HTML/CSS to build website elements, modules and pages
- Work with talented developers and product managers to bring new features to life
What we're looking for:
- At least 2 years experience designing and building web platforms
- Formal qualifications in website design or user experience
- Passion for elegant design and incorporating new technologies
- Strong understanding of web standards and current trends in HTML/CSS coding
- Ability to take conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and functional designs
- Significant knowledge of user-centred design methodologies
- Strong understanding of web applications
This won't be your typical cog-in-the-machine type of job. You will be exposed to the fast pace of a startup at the grass roots by a team who have built global technology companies before, designing and developing the software that drives our platform of over 3 million users.
Working in our beautiful open plan office by the water in Pyrmont you'll enjoy using the latest software on your 27-inch iMac. It actually serves as a great barrier to hide behind during office Nerf gun wars. If you get hungry there's plenty of fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the kitchen and we have weekly Friday barbecues out on the sunny deck.
If you love a fun, fast-paced environment, are a high achiever with talent looking for something more than a boring job in corporate, doesn't need to be hand held, and wants to be in at ground zero with a company that has a shot at being one of the biggest sites on the Internet, then contact us today - be sure to include a link to your online portfolio!Apply Now »
Got what it takes? Apply today!
Please email us your application to be in the running.